Monday, December 25, 2006
Be a graphic broadway producer. Be a graphic lawyer. The role of the graphic designer is to not simply execute the visual vision of the client. The graphic designer's role is to solve business problems with visual solutions. And, to do that, the mindset of the graphic designer must change from artist to artist / [insert title of professional for project at hand].
Monday, August 21, 2006
In any other neighborhood besides Soho, this would look destitute, but because it's Soho, it's artistic, and it succeeded. It caught people's attention. The end-game: show the grass on the other side. If you're poor, be rich. If you're rich, appear poor.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
I recently saw photos taken in areas around the world with active disputes, and thought of this ad campaign. I think this campaign is needed for FA for two reasons:
1) It's people centric. In contrast to current FA promotions, this shows people, and 'people' are at the root of why we read and care about international relations. Ads that just show text and images without people do NOT relate as well to readers.
2) Competitors are using ad campaigns with people in them, and they are benefiting from using this imagery. In particular, the Economist is full of images.
Where this campaign can run:
1) In other magazines
2) In banner ads on other websites
3) In inserts put into other magazines
4) In mailings to non-subscribers (i.e. direct mail)