Thursday, February 19, 2009
New work city wall map
this is a concept for a large wall map.
- when put together from 8.5 x 11 paper sheets, it forms a wall mural of nyc that is 5' x 10'. (that is about 8 sheets heigh, and 16 wide).
- one can print out different sheets according to date, and type. aka: a section of the map from how that part of nyc was in 1624, or in 2009. one can also print out that part of the city in 2009 to show mass transit or restaurants.
- the 'panels' sit over each other, in clear holders.
- one could have all the panels showing 1624 street views, or 2009 aerial views, or a mix them up.
- by having the panels be 8.5 x 11, this allows anyone to print the map at home...and therefore, the product could be sold online only....a nice version could be boxed for instore sales.
- this could be done for any large city...